Saturday, June 04, 2005

DC Chess League

We had the playoff match for our section of the DC Chess League last night, which sadly we lost. Oh well, it was a good year, and I think I'm winning the board prize.

Anyways, about my game. I am sort of unsatisfied with how it went. I feel like I played quite well, but never once had an advantage. I was always slightly worse the entire game. I think my opponent played well, but it is annoying when I don't think I did anything wrong and just drew. Perhaps that is the fault of my opening, because the game did peter out quickly. Maybe I should learn to play Bc5, but just not right now, as I need to learn other openings more urgently. The game is as follows:

NN 1746 - Askine 1597

Maybe someone can tell me what I did wrong. Maybe c5 wasn't so good but I was having fantasies about winning the c4 pawn at the time, which turned out to look not so good for me.

Anyways, I am going to the DC Action Championships today, so will have 5 games at some point later. What I think I am going to do is post them one at a time as I analyze them, and that will help me get comments on all of them.

~Kyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home