Friday, July 01, 2005

World Open Round One

I got demolished last night. I was just worse and defending the whole game. The problem when you are defending is you have to work all the tactics out correctly, and find the right ideas, or you get crushed. I did that for a while, but it took its toll on the time front. When I got to the critical moves I was down to about a minute a move, which is not good. As a result, I blundered, and lost badly. But I have to say that he conducted the game on his side very very well. The crushing tactic that he missed no human could have ever worked everything out, it took Fritz about 5 minutes to.

I thought I had gotten over this playing too slowly nonsense, but when you are in a defensive position there is just a lot more to think about and a lot more time needs to be taken. The fact that I was defending all game both wore on me a lot and wore on my time.

Oh well, maybe the swiss gambit will work out in my favor.

NN 1530 (who, btw, has played no games in the United States since 1999) - Askine 1597

If I go 2-0 today I will be happy. If I don't, I am seriously going to consider re-entering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home